Fetch and Gen Z: Driving brand loyalty with America’s technology-first generation
By Cass Balzer
July 20, 2023
- Known for their purchasing power, population size and affinity for all things digital, Gen Z has emerged as a sought-after demographic for marketers and brands.
- Fetch, America’s No. 1 rewards platform, is extremely popular with Gen Z. Nearly 25 percent of the app’s user base is under 25 years old, and the platform ranks in the top 5 shopping apps used amongst this age group.
- The Fetch app succeeds in capturing the attention of Gen Z, allowing brand partners to drive loyalty and build relationships with this uniquely engaged demographic.
Brand marketers want to charm Gen Z – and the best way to do that is on the Fetch app. With a captivating social feature, personalized offers and opportunities to discover the hottest new products, Fetch, America’s No. 1 rewards app, has emerged as a top shopping app for this age group.
This generation of young people, enamored of social media, new technologies and peer product recommendations, is a sought-after demographic for brands across industries. Fetch artfully combines fun, savings and a bespoke user journey to meet the specific needs of this tech-savvy cohort.
When brands want to build advocates within this uniquely engaged generation, they turn to Fetch. And, when Gen Z shoppers want to discover their new favorite product – and get rewarded in the process – they open the Fetch app.
We tapped into data.ai, a leading mobile data and analytics platform, as well as our own shopper information to understand how and why Gen Z is flocking to Fetch.
Gen Z comprises nearly 25% of all Fetch shoppers
According to data.ai, around 25% of Fetch shoppers fall into the Gen Z category. Fetch appeals to a range of demographics, and Gen Z representation on the app is reflective of the U.S. Census.
For those familiar with this generation, that won’t come as a surprise. Gen Z seeks out product recommendations and deals more than previous generations, and they are primed for digital-first shopping experiences.
Fetch outperforms popular Gen Z apps
Gen Z loves Fetch. The platform is in the top five most-used shopping apps amongst Gen Z smartphone owners, ranking only behind platforms like SHEIN and Amazon. Fetch beats out Amazon in the number of sessions per user, and it sees more sessions per user than popular platforms like Target, Etsy, eBay and Depop – all heavy-hitting apps for the Gen Z audience.
The Fetch app also has a high open rate when compared to Gen Z-favorites like SHEIN, Temu, Etsy and Nike. In other words: If a 20-year-old smartphone owner has all of these apps, they’re more likely to use Fetch than the others.
Fetch has a direct line to Gen Z shoppers – and it fuels brand success
Gen Z’s exceptionally active presence on the Fetch app provides brand partners with the ability to connect 1:1 with this generation. CPG, restaurant and retail brand partners can directly engage the demographic group, creating in-app campaigns with purchase-based targeting to fuel success.
Notably, Gen-Z shoppers are more likely to try new brands and products than other generations, according to Morning Consult, a leading business intelligence provider. Brand partners have great success launching new products and lines with the Fetch app – and Gen Z helps propel those campaigns forward:
- Axe launched their new Fine Fragrance collection on Fetch. The brand served high-value offers to Gen Z and Millennial men to drive trial and brand awareness in a saturated market. The result: A successful launch amongst a ready-to-convert audience who received offers based on purchase history.
- PepsiCo launched their new and innovative Cheetos Popcorn with the Fetch app, targeting known popcorn buyers and flavor enthusiasts. The campaign yielded a strong new product presence with a verified incremental return.
- Topo Chico Hard Seltzer leveraged Fetch to translate strong brand equity into a new product in the hard seltzer category. The brand successfully drove trial and increased awareness for the trendy new product.
Gen Z shopping habits align with what Fetch offers
Gen Z’s shopping habits are distinct from prior generations but align perfectly with what Fetch offers. This population is characterized by their digital-first mindset, a preference for personalized experiences and penchant for new and trendy products.
This generation values convenience, social recommendations and authentic brand interactions, often relying on peer reviews and social media influencers to guide their buying choices. According to Salesforce, 70 percent of Gen-Z shoppers use social media to research products before making a purchase.
With a strong desire for personalization and a preference for seamless digital experiences, Gen Z is reshaping the retail landscape and pushing brands to adapt to their unique shopping preferences – and Fetch has all the characteristics they prioritize in a mobile app.
How Fetch helps brands reach Gen Z
Gen Z needs an app that can do it all. Fetch has features that appeal directly to the needs and wants of younger consumers.
- Fetch Social: Shoppers can search for and add friends within the Fetch app, then access an activity feed to see what their friends are buying. Fetch Social also includes a competitive leaderboard for users to see who in their network is the top point-earner of the month.
- Personalized Offer Ranking: The Fetch app’s ranking algorithm serves up offers that users are most likely to redeem. Dynamic offers tap into shoppers’ purchase history and buying patterns to deliver personalized rewards with relevant brand recommendations.
- Have Fun and Save Money: That’s the core mission of the Fetch app – helping shoppers have fun while saving money. Gen Z is acutely aware of cost, price changes and the latest deals – which means Fetch is the perfect companion for the Gen Z shopper.
Gen Z shoppers open the Fetch app when they want product recommendations, to see what friends are buying and get rewards for everyday purchases. With opportunities for brand and product exploration, Fetch drives Gen Z customers into stores, then brings them back into the platform to snap their receipt. The daily-use app shepherds shoppers from product discovery through verified purchase, connecting CPG, retail and restaurant brand partners to high-intent and engaged consumers.
Is your brand eager to engage with millions of Gen-Z shoppers? Get in touch with Fetch for Business today.
Cass Balzer is a Content Marketing Manager at Fetch. As a former journalist, she sees narrative structure as a powerful tool for both understanding consumer behavior and driving conversions.